Martin Luther King Day is celebrated on January 18, 2010. Parents and teachers who are looking for a way to teach children about the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr will find plenty of free printable worksheets, coloring pages and lesson plans online. These are great teaching tools for children of all ages as they learn about King, a human rights icon.
The Internet is a great resource for educational materials that teachers, homeschoolers and parents can use to educated children on the great accomplishments of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. In addition to the worksheets and lesson plans, adults can explain to children about the MLK Day of Service that is bringing communities together with volunteer activities. Children can find ways to help on this day as well.
Enchanted Learning is a website full of educational activities for children for MLK Day. From a printable worksheet on King's work for civil rights to informative timelines, there are a wide range of activities suited for children of all ages. There are also printable activity books and word searches for all grade levels.
The Teacher's Corner provides a good selection of printables, journals, word puzzles and coloring pages about Martin Luther King for students of varying grade levels.
The Teacher Planet is an excellent resource for teachers and parents who are looking for worksheets, quizzes and printable posters to teach and celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s legacy. There are resources for children who are in pre-school as well as students in high school. All grade levels are included in this comprehensive website.
The Internet is a great resource for educational materials for Martin Luther King Day. In addition, there are a wide variety of on-line videos available to give children a visual education of the history behind Martin Luther King, Jr.
Written by Cheryl Phillips
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More