American Idol Season 9 is just getting underway for viewers but leaking information about finalists or winners is a breach of contract for Idol contestants. That goes for their families as well. Michael Lynche has been given the boot by Idol because his father couldn't hold his excitement back. Apparently the elder Lynche told a local Florida paper that his son was a finalist in the show and that's against the rules.
Michael Lynche, also known as Big Mike, was forced to leave Idol after his father told The St. Petersburg Times that his son made the top 24 finalists on American Idol Season 9.
The St. Petersburg Times ran an article on January 20th about Michael Lynche getting into the finals of American Idol. The article states:
"Michael Lynche's father Marque Sr., now living in Sarasota, confirmed that his son made the Top 24 semifinalists. Fox does not comment on results until the episodes air; the Hollywood Round auditions are scheduled to air in February."
Contestants and their families are under contract to keep their lips sealed until the results are aired on television. It looks like Michael Lynche's dad cost him a chance at the American Idol title by releasing information while under contract.
FOX has not made a comment to the press about the situation but it has been reported that Lynche has been replaced.
See Michael Lynche's audition tape here.
Written by Cheryl Phillips
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea