Perhaps the best Halloween quote of all comes from The Huffington Post, "Halloween Is The Second Highest Grossing Commercial Holiday After Christmas. What used to be just a singular holiday with minimal things to purchase has turned into an entire "Halloween Season." Between decorative lights and lawn ornaments, elaborate costumes and loads of candy, the average American spends a pretty penny on this fall holiday."
Funny Halloween Quotes and Sayings
- "I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween." – Unknown Author
- "There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." – Linus from 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown'
- "Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn't even the star of his own Halloween special." – Chris Rock
- "Nothing on Earth is so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night." – Steve Almond
- "On Halloween, the parents sent their kids out looking like me." – Rodney Dangerfield
- "This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him." – Conan O'Brien
- "Just like a ghost, you've been a-hauntin' my dreams, So I'll propose on Halloween. Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you." – The Classics IV
- "Studio 54 made Halloween in Hollywood look like a PTA meeting." – Lorna Luft
- "They did that little thing on South Park, and they mentioned my name and had a character of me judging a Halloween contest. It was really funny. That made me the coolest aunt on earth." – Tina Yothers
- "Being in a band you can wear whatever you want - it's like an excuse for Halloween everyday." – Gwen Stefani
Scary & Creepy Halloween Quotes
- "Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble." – William Shakespeare
- "Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble." – Shakespeare's 'Macbeth'
- "From ghoulies and ghosties And long-leggedy beasties And things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!" – Scottish Saying
- "Bring forth the raisins and the nuts- Tonight All-Hallows' Specter struts Along the moonlit way." – John Kendrick Bangs
- "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." – J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- "My candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open..." – Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
Funny Halloween Jokes
- Q. What do the skeletons say be for eating? A. Bone appetite
- Q. What happens when two vampires meet? A. It was love at first bite!
- Q. What's a Vampire's least favorite song? A. Another one bites the dust!
- Q. Why was the mummy so tense? A. Because he was all wound up.
- Q. Why didn't the skeleton go to see a scary movie? A. He didn't have the guts.
- Q. What do you call two spiders that just got married? A. Newlywebbed
- Q. Why did the skeleton cross the road? A. To go to the body shop.
- Q. Who was the most famous ghost detective? A. Sherlock Moans.
Last Minute Halloween Costumes, Free Stencils and Trick-or-Treats
Sources: huffingtonpost.com; brainyquote.com; theholidayspot.com; halloween.com
Written by Donna Diegel
Exclusive to HULIQ.com