Famous Thanksgiving Quotes
"Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action." – W.J. Cameron
"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice." – Meister Eckhart
“There is one day that is ours. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.” – O. Henry
"Some people complain because God put thorns on roses, while others praise Him for putting roses among thorns." – Anonymous
"We can always find something to be thankful for, no matter what may be the burden of our wants, or the special subject of our petitions." – Albert Barnes
"May you live all the years of your life." – Jonathan Swift
"Friendship is the wine of life; Let's drink of it, and to it." – unknown
"Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart." – Seneca
"The very fact that a man is thankful implies someone to be thankful to." – John Baillie
"Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence." – Erma Bombeck
"For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Silly Thanksgiving Jokes
Q: If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
Q: Why did the turkey cross the road?
A: It was the chicken's day off.
Q: Why can't you take a turkey to church?
A: Because they use such FOWL language
Q: What's the best dance to do on Thanksgiving?
A: The turkey trot
Q: What kind of music did the Pilgrims like?
A: Plymouth Rock
Q: Which side of the turkey has the most feathers?
A: The outside
Q: Why did they let the turkey join the band?
A: Because he had the drumsticks
Q: What did the turkey say before it was roasted?
A: Boy! I'm stuffed!
Related Holiday Articles and Recipes
- How To Deep Fry a Turkey
- How to Deep Fry a Turkey for the Holidays Video with Alton Brown
- Brining a Turkey Like Alton Brown, Emeril and Cooking Light
- The Best Thanksgiving Pies and Dessert Recipes on the Web
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts List
- Martha Stewart's Vegetarian Fed $69.99 Thanksgiving Turkey
- Today Show's Favorite Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes
- Cracker Barrel Serves Cheap $4.49 - $8.99 Thanksgiving Meal
- Pumpkin Seed Recipes
- Most Popular Thanksgiving Pies & Recipes
- Free Thanksgiving Math Worksheets and Kids' Printable Crafts
- Free Thanksgiving Coloring Pages and Popular Kids' Crafts
- Free Martha Stewart's Thanksgiving Templates and Clip Art
Photo credits: Smithsonian Institute
Sources: thanksgiving-day.org; about.com; theholidayspot.com; mahalo.com
Written by Donna Diegel
Exclusive to HULIQ.com