With Thanksgiving only days away and Christmas fast approaching, cooks, hosts and party goers are looking for easy appetizers to whip up fast. Ready made frozen Hors d'oeuvres from buying clubs like BJ's, Costco and Sam's Club can provide an easy fix - just thaw and bake. With lots of choices, they're delicious too. Or, make your own Bacon Wrapped Scallops and Spinach Artichoke Dip from the easy appetizers recipes below.
Easy To Make Holiday Appetizers
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 14 ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 5 ounce package spinach, chopped, frozen, drained and squeezed dry
- /2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9" x 13" baking dish with Pam or similar vegetable shortening.
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar, sour cream, Parmesan, pepper and garlic in a mixing bowl on medium speed until creamy.
- Add artichokes and spinach and mix by hand until blended.
- Spread in greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and light brown on top.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Using a large platter or large flat basket, place Spinach Artichoke Dip in the middle and arrange baguette slices, bagel chips, tortillas, crackers, melba slices or a combination of these around the dip.
- Serves 15-20.
Maple Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- 20 uncooked sea scallops
- 20 slices uncooked bacon strips
- 1/4 cup pure Vermont maple syrup
How To Make Maple Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Line a baking sheet or broiler pan with foil.
- Fire up broiler to high heat, or preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap bacon over scallops and secure with a toothpick. Place scallops on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the maple syrup into the center of the scallop. Try not to get any on the bacon.
- Broil for 6 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp. Bake for 8-10 minutes in oven.
- Remove from broiler or oven, and drizzle remaining maple syrup over hot scallops.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 20 bacon wrapped scallop appetizers.
Costco, Sam's and BJ's Thaw & Serve or Ready to Bake Appetizers
- 5 lbs Breaded Mozzarella Cheese Sticks $12.06
- 52 oz Poppers Cream Cheese Jalapeños $10.77
- 60 ct Cocktail Franks in Puff Pastry $12.66
- 60 ct Mini Quiche Hors D'oeuvres, Assorted $18.32
- 2.5 lbs Extra Crunchy Krabbycakes $10.77
- 50 ct Mini Chicken Egg Rolls $7.98
- Veggie Platter - includes everything including dip $16.99
- Shrimp Ring - frozen thaw and eat shrimp and cocktail sauce $39.99
- 70 ct Cream Puffs and Eclairs - thaw and serve $8.99
Related Holiday Articles and Recipes
- How To Deep Fry a Turkey
- How to Deep Fry a Turkey for the Holidays Video with Alton Brown
- Brining a Turkey Like Alton Brown, Emeril and Cooking Light
- The Best Thanksgiving Pies and Dessert Recipes on the Web
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts List
- Most Popular Holiday Pies & Recipes
- Martha Stewart's Vegetarian Fed $69.99 Thanksgiving Turkey
- Today Show's Favorite Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes
- Cracker Barrel Serves Cheap $4.49 - $8.99 Thanksgiving Meal
Note: Prices are approximate depending on location and can change without notice. Check the local store first.
Sources: costco.com; samsclub.com; bjs.com
Written by Donna Diegel
Exclusive to HULIQ.com