"Worst Cooks in America" premieres Sunday night, January 3rd, at 10:00pm (EST) on the Food Network. Each week for six weeks, the Red Team and the Blue Team will be put through a culinary boot camp where the most horrible cooks in America will no doubt be "whipped" into shape.
The newest foodie reality tv show will eliminate the worst cook at the end of each episode. The last "chef" standing will take home $25,000. What will the "Worst Cook in America" be called once they win? The Best Cook in America? Check out the Food Network's video "Meet the Cooks" where they're described as, "The Absolute Worst! That's not just a cute title. These people are baaaad."
In addition to the newest Food Network reality tv show, "Worst Cooks in America," Anne Burrell is also the host of "Secrets Of a Restaurant Chef," another Food Network show. Burrell worked as a sous chef for celebrity chef Lidia Bastianich, was a chef at Savoy, an instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City, and an executive chef of Centro Vinoteca in NYC. Iron Chef Mario Batali asked Burrell to be his sous chef for the Food Network’s Iron Chef America reality tv series in 2005.
Originally from Plymouth Massachusetts, Beau MacMillan graduated from Johnson and Wales University in RI. The Executive Chef of Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, he also worked at La Vieille Maison in Boca Raton Florida, Hotel Bel Air, and Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica. Beau MacMillan faced off against Iron Chef Bobby Flay in "Battle American Kobe Beef." MacMillan's amazing cuisine won over the judges and he beat out Bobby Flay.
Anne Burrell's Red Team
- Eddie Chang (Jersey City, N.J.): IT Project Manager
- Hamed Hamad (North Hollywood, Calif.): Journalist and Fashion Consultant
- Jennifer Cross (Philadelphia, Pa.): Waitress
- Kelly LoCascio (Scottsdale, Ariz.): Corporate Litigation Attorney
- Rachel Coleman (Brooklyn, N.Y.): Marketing Website Editor
- Rebecca Hooper (Sandy, Utah): Salon Owner
Beau MacMillan's Blue Team
- David Summey (Charlotte, N.C.): Salesman
- Jennifer Vecchio (Cumberland, R.I.): Dance Studio Owner
- Marque Hernandez (Brea, Calif.): Director of Clinical Operations
- Sophia Gettys (Aurora, Colo.): Stay-at-home Mom and Student
- Susie Shoman (Georgetown, S.C): Grants Administrator and Entrepreneur
- Wilhelmina Josephine (Aliso Viejo, Calif.): Stay-at-home Mom
Sources and photo: foodnetwork.com; wikipedia
- Michelle Obama Challenges Food Network Iron Chef America
- White House Chef Cristeta Comerford, Bobby Flay Wins Iron Chef America
- Top Chef Winner Michael Voltaggio Takes Las Vegas
- Cookalong Live with Gordon Ramsay: New Cooking Show on Fox
Written by Donna Diegel