Walgreens wants you to determine your risks for diabetes by offering free blood glucose testing. With 5.7 million undiagnosed diabetic Americans walking around, this could be a chance to get blood sugar levels checked for free. Their online site shows which of the select Walgreens stores and Take Care Clinic locations that are participating in the program.
Screening dates are from February 5 to 18. By searching for a specific location, the address and times the testing will take place can be viewed by scrolling down, no appointments are necessary. Oprah also featured a special on this program. She offers further information on her website.
The blood glucose testing at Walgreens is only available for people over 18 years of age and claims shouldn't be submitted to any insurers. The results of the screenings do not take the place of a full diabetes diagnosis, or a plan for diabetes treatment. The presence or absence of any other health condition will not be evaluated.
Knowing the risks however, of whether a person is in pre-diabetes stage or has already developed the disease, is what's the most important.
Written by Amy Munday
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally