President Obama will be joining the list of 10 other presidents this weekend that have stayed at Asheville NC's Grove Park Inn. The vacation is on the down-low however, because it's a private weekend for Barack and Michelle only, no kids allowed.
Secret service agents will most likely be the only ones knowing exactly what the happy couple will be up to in Asheville. The Grove Park Inn accepts high-profile guests on the regular and has no problem showing them a good time in their beautiful mountainous town, still known for its medicinal clean air.
Spokeswoman Deborah Potter is refusing to disclose any of the couple's plans to the press. Reporters and spectators will be allowed to the watch Air Force One touch down in Asheville and then leave again on Sunday.
North Carolina is a politically divided state with left-leaning Asheville compared to many right-leaning rural areas. Residents will most likely be delighted to have the president within their vicinity.
The Grove Park Inn has plenty to offer for the sophisticated enthusiast or nature buff. Spas, wineries, gourmet dining, hikes, nature trails, golf and shopping are ever-present in Asheville.
The Biltmore Estate, the country's largest personally owned home in Asheville, would be a great day trip for the president Obama and the first lady.
Security will be on the high however, a ban on hot air balloons was even implemented. Perhaps the higher the security the more the famous couple will be able to sit back and relax for a few days.
Written by Amy Munday
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood