The mystery man who found and subsequently sold Apple’s now infamous missing iPhone 4G has finally surfaced – his name is Brian J. Hogan. A 21-year-old Redwood City, Calif., resident, Hogan has managed to keep his identity secret from the blogosphere for a record time, that is until, the police got involved.
Brian J. Hogan, the story goes, was at that very beerhall when the missing iPhone was kindly pointed out to him. Somebody had asked him if it was his. After picking up the phone and trying to find its owner, Hogan left the bar, with iPhone in tow. Little did he know what import this, in all other places, unremarkable, action, would have.
Following the iPhone’s release into the blogosphere, rumors swirled that the iPhone finder, aka, Hogan, tried to contact Apple but to no avail. In reality, Hogan didn’t call Apple (a friend offered, but wasn’t given the chance), nor did he report the phone’s finding to the bar. Instead, Hogan went on to contact several tech websites, including Gizmodo, which shelled out a cool $5,000 for the device.
Hogan says he regrets the whole incident, and has hired an attorney just in case. According to Wired.com, which ran a story identifying Brian J. Hogan as the iPhone culprit, social networking sites like Facebook all led to Hogan. Furthermore, CNET is reporting that Hogan may have had some extra help in finding a potential buyer for the phone.
They have identified Hogan’s helper as 27-year-old, Sage Robert Wallower, who is a UC Berkeley student. He supposedly acted as middle man for Hogan and contact various tech sites to see which one would bite.
Brian J. Hogan, may not have meant for it to happen, however his actions may lead to criminal charges. In California, the law isn’t “finder’s keepers,” rather a property may be considered stolen if the finder hasn’t attempted to find its true owner.
Written by Lani Shadduck
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally