Flame-burnt wiring due to soldering while either drunk or stupid!

Ray Wilson's picture
Flame-burng wiring

The wire you see is obviously damaged, but someone did not repair or even mention this visible little gem.

I always wonder what is above the finished ceilings that could be like this, The fool who did this has no regard for fire safety, or any other kinda safety, and should not be handling a torch.

These issues and more are part of what I see daily as an inspector in Nassau County, as well as in Suffolk County.The seller was also quite surprised to see this and is having second thoughts.

Ray Wilson, president of Meticulous Home Inspection Corp. would be happy to answer any of your questions related to this blog, or inspection in general. Please call 631-902-6761 or see Meticuloushomeinspection.com

Comments

To me wiring is the most dangerous as everything could be lost in just a few minutes. I wonder if it the homeowners doing things like this or just an under qualified electrician?

Add new comment